From an ad for the Pelman Institute on the inside front cover of a wartime Penguin edition of _Cold Comfort Farm_:
Anyway, I digress...
So a couple of years ago I sat down with either Eat That Frog! or possibly Organising from the Inside Out or it could have been How To Get Organized When You Don't Have the Time (see I said I was a sucker for Self Help books) and worked out my various goals. This happened to be in April, so each year I try to review my annual goals and set new targets.
Thoughts after reviewing my goals for last year ( Collapse )
Goals for the year May 2005 - April 2006
Health & fitness:
- Exercise more. Have been bad this winter and become slobbish and idle.
- Also need to focus more on the food I'm eating and adhere more strictly to the low sugar diet. Don't eat icecream every day!
- Eat more fresh vegetables.
- Finish first draft of Moving a Mountain by WorldCon in Glasgow (August)
- Complete major revisions and have a coherent 2nd draft by 31 Dec 2005
- Put novel through Critters Jan 2006
- Polish novel and begin submitting to publishers/agents Feb/Mar 2006
- Do Open University course A176: Start Writing Plays Summer 2005 (For help with structure and theme and you never know, I might write radio plays sometime.)
- Do OU course AT272: Ancient and Medieval Cities: A technological history in the autumn. (Because it looks interesting and useful for a fantasy writer and it will give me the 10 points needed to round up my total gained from short courses to a useful 30.
- Begin OU course A215: Creative Writing in Feb 2006.
Other goals relating to progress with the house decluttering are so dull I won't mention them here, but they're in my project file. Really the only thing I need to do in order to make useful progress with most of my targets is to stop sitting at the computer and do more useful things at weekends. QED.