February 23rd, 2014

African flower crochet motif

Corner-to-corner cushion

8/52 for the group 2014 weekly alphabet challenge

This week's theme was: H is for Hobby

Ironically, I was so wrapped up in my hobby of crocheting this week that I forgot to take a photo for this theme before the deadline of Saturday. Fortunately, I had taken a photo of this cushion within the correct time framce to upload to Ravelry. :)

It is, therefore, not very artistic or photographically exciting, but it fits the theme perfectly.

The cushion only took a few days and was a quick project to use up more of the Marble Chunky from my stash. It’s intended to match the corner-to-corner blanket which I made using the yarn that had been reclaimed from frogged items or bought for projects that never happened. It will be the first of an ongoing series that I'm calling "Pimp those cushions!" Basically, I've decided that all our cushions are looking a bit drab and tired and need cheering up with new, brighter, crochet covers.

The back is fastened very simply with four buttons. The pattern creates natural button holes, so there was no need to do anything fancier.

Button fastening