So today I:
- Went carefully through the basket of assorted computer discs and bits and pieces.
- Finally found the Logitech mouse CD -- in the wrong pack!
- Totally dismantled the old computer and put printer on chest of drawers
- Failed to download printer driver to laptop -- kept getting an error from the Xerox page
- Successfully downloaded printer driver to Daisy
- Copied printer driver via network to Laptop
- Sort of installed printer driver on Laptop. It kept throwing up an error, but I hoped for the best.
- Connected printer to Laptop.
- Did a test print from Laptop. OK -ish, but the page width was narrower than it should have been.
- Added Xerox printer on Laptop as an available printer on Daisy.
- Did test print from Daisy and found it was fine. Phew!
- Shut down Daisy and connected Logitech mouse.
- Switched on Daisy and discovered that I had basic mousing. So far so good...
- Put mouse CD into drive, only to see message saying "Our software won't run on your system." Aarrgghh!
- Searched web for Windows XP mouse software
- Downloaded software and install.
Off now into town to buy tea and nuts and newspapers.