Just over 1000 words later, I stopped. I managed to repeat this yesterday. I must do this more often.
The words are not brilliant words, but usable. I do have a nasty feeling that I completely omitted a character who should have been in one of the scenes, but I'll pick that up at the next read through. For now I have just flagged it as a possible glitch.
I have also planned the next few scenes, so hopefully I'll manage a bit of writing during the week too. Suddenly the novel is lurching forwards again and it looks a bit more likely that I can reach my target of having a decent first draft finished by April 2005. According to the graph, it looks like I could finish the zeroth draft by Christmas, leaving a couple of months to go through and insert missing names and remove the worst errors before starting the revision proper next May.