To be honest, I'm hopeless at recognising lyrics out of context and I don't think I'd get most of these myself. At a guess, I think I'd only reliably recognise about three -- and they're on my iPod! But some of them are classics and might be familiar. I have cheated slightly in skipping most of the Welsh songs that came up, but I've left one, just to tease you.
Edited to add: I have now updated the list to show all the correct guesses, mostly, it has to be said, from the LJ side. :)
But thanks to everyone for playing.
1. Open up your music player. Hit shuffle.
2. Record the first few lines of the first 20 songs that come up that do not give away the name of the song. Skip instrumentals, but don't skip the embarrassing ones.
3. Make hapless LJ denizens guess the song names and artists. Google is cheating. For musical songs, the name of the musical is acceptable in place of the artist.
4. Least hapless LJ denizen wins admiration.
I don't know how truly random Shuffle is because a couple of artists/groups show up more than once.
8) I declare I don't care no more, I'm burning up and out and growing bored
9) Do you remember? Do you remember? Do you remember how you were gonna stay free.
10) It starts in the morning when you're lying next to me. I'm rolling, I'm rolling, I'm rolling so quickly.
12) Along the coast road by the headland, the early lights of winter glow. I'll pour a cup to you my darling.
13) Gweld y golau'n dawnsio trwy yr coed, teimlo'n hwyrach na deimlas i erioed.
19) Well you can bump and grind it is good for your mind, well you can twist and shout, let it all hang out.
[Cross-posted from Dreamwidth by way of a backup http://heleninwales.dreamwidth.org/18300.html. If you want to leave a comment, please use whichever site you find most convenient. Comments so far: .]