* Deleted my Twitter account. Apologies to those for whom Twitter is a source of interesting information and conversation, but it just doesn't work for me. :(
* Decided to stick with Flickr, despite the recent "improved" look. I have weeded out a few groups that I joined merely in order to post the odd photo, but it is the place that works best for me for photo-sharing. I know some people have migrated to ipernity, but I'm staying where my friends are. I have, however, decided not to pay for "Pro" any more. After installing Adblock in Chrome, the adverts disappear (I have another free account that I could test this on), so I'd be paying just for the privilege of being able to replace a photo. It is a useful thing to be able to do, but it's not worth $24.95.
* Realised that I'm using Facebook more and more, though only for family and a couple of groups (Creative Crochet Crew and an OU student group). I'm going to maintain my policy of keeping two separate accounts so I can read the family one daily and the General Internet Friends one whenever I have enough time. Yes, I know you're only supposed to have one Facebook page for everything, but that doesn't work for me. I have created a page for my crocheting and I've added the link in case any of you would like to "Like" it. But please don't feel you have to if you don't want to. And yes, I know Facebook is the Spawn of the Evil One, but if the people I want to keep in touch with are there, then I'll be there too.
* Finally discovered a purpose for my Google+ account. The people I'm reading at the moment tend to be photographers (or writers), but as I said above, I'm not leaving Flickr and cross-posting to G+ leads to a small thumbnail rather than a larger image. Posting in two places was tedious and confusing, so I've given that up as a bad idea. However, I have started a crochet blog on Blogger, so posting to G+ to say that a new post is up works rather well. There are also a couple of language learning communities I've joined, including one frequented by some local Welsh learners.
* Started a Blogger blog where I'll be writing about crochet. I want it to be more public than my LJ and I suspect that most of what I write there won't be terribly interesting for my LJ friends. But if you want to read it, it can be found here.
* Decided I'm not paying for Dreamwidth again. I'd stop using it altogether if it were up to me. I've never clicked with the site, but I have a few people who read me over there and there are a few people who I read who don't cross-post. I will, however, revert to a free account when the paid one expires.
And obviously I'm staying here on LJ. Even though it's quieter than it used to be, I still regard LJ as my online home where I can witter on about whatever I want and you can read my witterings or just scroll past, as the mood takes you. :)