I have a MS Access database for my addresses and I've used it for years to print mailing labels for my Christmas cards. It was all set up so all I had to do was:
* open database
* check if anything needed updating/adjust as necessary
* open the report for the mailing labels
* insert sheet of labels into printer
* print labels.
But since then I have upgraded MS Office and bought a new printer and New Access didn't like the labels I set up using Old Access. I did have New Access last year, but I think I just cheated by using Old Access. However, this time I have sorted it out properly, recreated the report that prints the labels and next year it should be back to a 10 minute job.